Nutritional Supplements Advisor Forum Index Nutritional Supplements Advisor
The N.S.A. Forum is a place to give opinons, ask quetions and comments about todays most popular Nutritional Supplements.

Nutiritonal Supplements Advisor 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steroids Side effect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nutritional Supplements Advisor Forum Index -> Steroids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Steroids Side effect Reply with quote

Submitted by
Trevor

Most of the time, when steroids are mentioned, they´re brought up as the reason a particular athlete can run so fast, hit so many home runs, or make so many tackles. They are also claimed to have extraordinarily harsh side effects and for causing severely unforgiving and permanent damage. Everybody´s seen movies like "The Program" where steroids ruin a young athlete´s life, or perhaps "The Aaron Henry Story" on HBO, where a young athlete suffers lifelong problems from his steroid abuse. Most recently, I saw the movie "Spiderman" where the villain, the Green Goblin, admits to having his superhuman strength and psychotic personality from using "performance enhancers"!

I´m here to assure you that those types of horror stories are few and far between, and after consulting with literally hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders, I´ve almost never heard of anything even remotely resembling the popular "horror stories" we see in the media almost daily. I´ve certainly never seen anyone become the Green Goblin from using them, either..

By reading this article, coaches, athletes, parents and teachers will know the truth about anabolic steroid side effects and will be able to make their own informed decisions as to how bad they are. But I suspect that after reading what I have to say, as well as what the scientific literature says, the question of how bad steroids are will be a different question entirely; the only question remaining will be "why didn´t anyone tell me this before?"

When I initially started research for this piece, I consulted not only real-life athletes who had vast experience with anabolic steroid use, but also scientific and medical journals. The picture that unfolded before me was very different than the one typically painted by the mass media, and certainly much different than the one I found on www.steroidabuse.org, www.dea.org, and www.drugabuse.gov. In my research on the governmental sites, I found very little of use, to be perfectly honest. There were tons unfounded claims and talk of money being put into "studies." In reality, the government "studies" on anabolic steroids were not medical studies at all. They were surveys given to various age groups, on steroid use, in order to generate statistics. There was nothing of medical value or scientific merit on those sites, despite the endless parade of doctors that seemed to be against their use. Here´s an example of one of the more absurd claims made on one of those sites:

"..[steroids] they are dangerous drugs, and when used inappropriately, they can cause a host of severe, long-lasting, and often irreversible negative health consequences. These drugs can stunt the height of growing adolescents, masculinize women, and alter sex characteristics of men. Anabolic steroids can lead to premature heart attacks, strokes, liver tumors, kidney failure and serious psychiatric problems. In addition, because steroids are often injected, users risk contracting or transmitting HIV or hepatitis.."

This is the information found on a government website, in a piece written by a doctor. I´m surprised she didn´t mention turning into the Green Goblin in her list of possible health side effects. As you read what I have to say, I want you to keep this in the back of your head. I want you to remember this claim, made by a medical doctor, as you read the rest of this piece. All of the information here is exactly what has been reported to me by athletes, as well as what is found in credible scientific journals; then decide for yourself what the truth about steroid side effects is.
Camren1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good to know that about Nutritional Supplements, thanks to
share with us this information...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nutritional Supplements Advisor Forum Index -> Steroids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: